Pesquisar este blog

segunda-feira, 6 de outubro de 2014

My photo frame wall gallery - amateur

I make it a point to state that this decorative act of picture hanging is thoroughly amateur. It is my first attempt at some serious hole making in our first abode.

Hence, I shall go forth and tell on how I came up with this arrangement.

Many an afternoon I have spent googling my way into this endeavour. But the links which stuck were the following:

http://laurenconrad.com/blog/2012/05/picture-perfect-how-to-hang-a-wall-collage-gallery/ ...where I learnt about using butcher paper to make a draft of the gallery on the wall and how to ensure that nails are properly measured otherwise your measurements in between won't tally (thus making it look shabby).

http://rk.pbimgs.com/pbimgs/rk/images/i/201405/0004/images/shop/pip_pdfs/Gallery_Frames.pdf ...where I learnt about the different formats of the wall gallery.

However, when I googled my specific case in particular, that is, a wall gallery which would hang above a sofa I knew I had to look further than the above formats. And that is how I came upon: http://oakridgerevival.blogspot.com.br/2013/02/updated-gallery-wall.html#comment-form

Here I learnt about her previous mistakes, learnt about photo matting (in Portuguese it is called passepartout, well that's French, really), saw how it would look like above a sofa, and gracefully found almost the identical frames in a shop at Copacabana.



The shop is called Arte Palha and is in a shopping mall on the Siqueira Campos: http://www.artepalha.com.br/ They're a helpful lot and it is worth the time you spend going through their dusty stock getting your hands all grey and black (there is a skin at the back where you can get them washed).

Thus it started to develop.

These two little beauties I also found in their shop (which by the way is their specialty, not the ready-made frames), and with the help of my sogra (mother in law) managed to get them painted in a lovely golden hue, thus. I am pairing these two plaster frames side by side and placing in each a photo from the mid-80's where both my husband and I - on the opposite sides of the globe - are gaily surrounded by our siblings. A great remembrance of who we were, where we're coming from, and how lucky we are to be together.




The photos will not be shown here for privacy's sake. Thank you.

As to the specifics, I have kept a distance of 5cm from each frame edge to ensure consistency. And for those of you who live in Brazil, do not order your prints online: just go to a kodak kiosk and get them done yourself. You'll save yourself one hell of a nightmare on SAC, especially if you're aiming UOL Revelação Digital.

Enjoy!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário